Hybrid working with access to a network of local offices. Join a small but expanding team of consultants who specialise in CIF projects in their new Cambridge office.
What's in it for me?
- A real career opportunity, working directly alongside a local director, helping build their new Cambridgeshire team.
- A small friendly firm who pay well. Salary packages circa £35k - £55k doe plus benefits package and car allowance.
- Over 2 years worth of work secured at the moment, so are not the ‘risk’ a small, newish firm might typically present!
- Work on secured projects throughout East Anglia, generated through repeat business and successful CIF bid awards.
- Client facing role working on your own projects from £100k - £2m.
- Work alongside academics, consultants and contractors. Managing a broad range of projects on behalf of academy trusts, schools, and colleges.
What will I be doing?
Working predominately within the Education and Academy sector, your skills in Building Surveying and Project Management will help deliver a number of new build and refurbishment projects across several framework agreements. No two days will be the same as you strive to deliver projects typically from £150k - £2m. You’ll be involved from concept to completion with full account management and client liaison.
The role will be client facing and have project autonomy from inception to completion. Experienced surveyors tend to have 3-4 projects on the go at once from between £500k to £1m in value. It’s mostly schools work but there could be further opportunities within sports and leisure projects.
What do I need to be considered?
Naturally you’ll have a Building Surveying background with experience managing minor - medium size projects. Ideally you will be recently chartered (MRICS) or be within the final year of your APC. To help deliver projects successfully, you’ll need to draw on all of your past experience with either a client or consultant. You’ll also regularly interact with contractors, consultants and design teams - so you’ll get plenty of opportunity to apply your strong communication and management skills.
To be part of this team, you’ll need to bring your energy, enthusiasm and ambition.