We are proud to working with an innovative and respected company as they recruit for a Design Manager on a contract basis to assist with a heavy workload
You will be responsible for interpreting the requirements of the customer and the Architects to ensure that the products, components and parts designed meet these requirements and comply with appropriate building codes, regulations and other relevant compliance standards.
Duties to include:
- Interpret architects’ drawings and ideas into comprehensive working construction and manufacturing drawings.
- Aid in pre-construction stages of design.
- To work with cost parameters of the estimate and where possible use innovative design to reduce cost.
- To ensure co-ordination of super structure design with main contractor and relevant sub-contractors.
- To ensure delivery of design functions are in line with planned manufacture and construction schedules.
- To liaise with structural engineer interpreting and responding to manufacturing queries, incorporating relevant feedback into the design process.
- To liaise with production managers and sub-contractors interpreting and responding to manufacturing queries, incorporating relevant feedback into the design process.
- Control of amendments to design.
- 3+ Years of Timber Frame / SIP building experience
- Good understanding of building regulations
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience in Revit advantageous
- A passion for design and creative flair
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
This contract is anticipated to be 3 – 6 months