Interested in learning more about what's happening on the job market, below are some key findings from the latest recruitment insights in May. The data from Firefish software provides insights on all the latest numbers on recruitment activities from a database of over 550 recruitment agencies in the UK.
- May, permanent placements went up by 17%, whilst temporary ones remained steady following a period of growth.
Job adverts posted
- The number of Job Ads posted increased by 22% from April to May
- The number of Job Ads posted in May 2023 was 14% lower than in May 2022.
Average number of quality new applications
- The average number of quality applications from new jobs remained steady at 5 in May.
- The average number of quality applications from new jobs has remained steady throughout 2023.
Jobs created and number of placements
- May saw the second highest number of placements this year, with perm placements increasing by 17% from April.
- Total Placements made increased by 3% from April.
- The number of temp placements remained steady in May.
Number of applications from new and existing candidates
- The total number of applications received in May increased by 4% from April.
- The number of applications received from new candidates increased by 4%.
- Over a third of applications came from existing candidates in May, demonstrating the value of an established recruitment database. 79% of all applications were received from candidates who had signed up for job alerts.
How do your campaign results compare? Is it time to engage a specialist with the local knowledge and network to successfully fill your roles.
Why not drop us a line on 01223 845333 to see how we can help and the options available to you.